Veolia ES Birmingham operates all five of the Household Recycling Centres in the city for the use of Birmingham residents to dispose of their household waste. The Household Recycling Centres take a wide range of items and they’re really useful for waste that can’t be recycled or disposed of via collection services or bring banks.
Please note that the sites do get very busy during summer weekends and bank holidays, so if possible use the sites outside of these times. The sites are open late in the evenings to allow for this. Please ensure that before you visit one of the sites, you have segregated your waste into the various recyclable categories. This will make your visit as speedy as possible and will avoid delays for yourself and others.
Controlled access scheme
Our staff are happy to help - please ask if you need assistance when you get to the site
- Our access control system will be applied to vans, pick up trucks, mobile homes, vehicles without seats and trailers greater than or equal to in size 1.83m x 1.22m (6' x 4')
- Check your waste is acceptable
- Check your preferred site is accessible for your vehicle - 21m height limit on all sites except James Road, Tyseley
- Visit your site - no pre booking required
- If your vehicle type, residence status and waste are acceptable your vehicle details will be recorded and you will be issued with a 12 visit/one year entry permit for that vehicle
- One visit will be given for vehicles in cases of genuine doubt, until status can be established
- Please note that trade and commercial wastes and non Birmingham residents are not permitted entry to the Houshold Recycling Centres
Please call our 24 hour recorded information line for more details:
0121 680 2000 or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org