Veolia Environmental Services in Haringey
In April 2011 Veolia Environmental Services commenced a 14 year contract to provide street cleansing, recycling and waste services for Haringey Council.
Working in partnership with the Council, Veolia’s strategy incorporates a comprehensive range of services with aims including increased recycling, increased cleanliness of the borough’s streets, reduced fly-tipping and reduced carbon emissions.
Veolia Environmental Services in the United Kingdom
Veolia Environmental Services has been present in the United Kingdom since 1990. As the leading UK waste management organisation with 2011 revenues above £1.2 billion, Veolia Environmental Services employs over 12,000 employees across the spectrum of services in waste management and cleaning.
Veolia Environmental Services is renowned for its integrated waste management and environmental services to local communities and industry. We provide a range of services including refuse collection, recycling, waste treatment and street cleansing to over 21 million customers from circa 100 Local Authorities in the UK.
We operate a network of landfill sites, materials recovery facilities, transfer stations, civic amenity sites, Energy Recovery facilities and compost sites.
- Operating since 1990.
- 2011 revenues above £1.2 billion.
- 12,000 employees.
- Serves 65,000 commercial and industrial customers.
- Provide refuse collection, recycling, street cleansing and grounds maintenance contracts in partnership with over 100 Local Authorities nationwide.
- Total installed power generation of 1.3m MWh.
- In 2011, our Energy Recovery Facilities processed 1.5 million tonnes of municipal waste
- 8 composting facilities with a total tonnage of green waste processed of 162,299 tonnes per annum.
- Minosus, the first facility of its kind in the UK, provides safe underground storage within a worked out area of a rock salt mine for the permanent disposal of a range of solid and granular hazardous wastes.