Recycling and refuse
In Kingston Upon Thames we are currently recycling 46%. Thank you for recycling! Let's keep a good thing going.
Residents can recycle the following items in their green recycling boxes:
Plastic - all plastic bottles including drink, shampoo and detergent bottles.
- Meat trays and ready meal food trays New
- Margarine tubs, yoghurt pots and ice cream containers New
- Fruit and vegetable punnets New
Tins and Cans - Food and drink cans
- Aerosol cans (please ensure cans are empty) New
- Biscuit/sweet tins and jar lids New
- Aluminium Foil New
Paper - newspapers, magazines envelopes, catalogues, telephone directories
Glass - all jars and glass bottles
Liquid food and drinks cartons
Textiles and shoes
- Plastic film
- Plastic bags
- Crisp bags
- Hard plastics such as toys
- Broken glass
- Sheet (windows) glass
- Paint tins
- Car batteries
- Wet textiles
Cardboard will be stored in white reusable bags and will be collected weekly. Please flatten the cardboard before placing it in the white bag.
Cardboard and card items - cardboard boxes (flattened), birthday and Christmas cards cardboard food packaging
|Food soiled items such as pizza boxes |
- Rinse out your cans, tins, bottles and jars before putting them in your green box
- Remove lids from plastic bottles and squash bottles flat
- Flatten cardboard before putting it in the white bag
Put your recycling containers at the edge of your property, clearly visible near the pavement, on your collection day by 6.30am.
We also operate food waste and garden waste collections.
For more information on recycling in Kingston Upon Thames, click here.
To find out when your street is swept, click here.
We are also responsible for emptying the on street recycling bins in Kingston. Residents and visitors can recycle plastic bottles, cans, newspapers and magazines whilst they are out and about around the borough.