Our solvent recovery plant offers a unique service for the handling, cleansing, purification and recycling of a wide range of solvents.
Potentially harmful substances can be cleaned and purified and the need to manufacture virgin solvents from non-renewable resources is reduced.
Solvent laundering and recovery is achieved through a distillation process that separates the pure solvent from contaminants.
This is accomplished either by thin film evaporation (removal of paints, oils and resins), or by fractionation, which separates mixed solvents into clean, purified products.
The fractionator uses steam, vacuum and the physical properties of the solvents under test, to produce high purity streams from a mixture of solvents.
A complete service
Our solvent recovery service manages your waste from collection, through recovery, reuse and final residual disposal, supplying accurate documentation and taking care of your legal obligations.
- We can sample and analyse your waste, advising on its suitability for recovery and/or disposal
- We will take care of all the appropriate documentation on your behalf
- Your waste will be collected in a purpose-built vehicle, at an agreed time, by fully trained and equipped staff
- We can either return the recovered solvents to you, or sell them on to a new user
- We will supply reports concerning audit trails for material tendered, mass balances and certificates of recycling and/or disposal.
- Residues from the plant are sent to our High Temperature Incinerator at Ellesmere Port for disposal.
We can also handle your regular hazardous waste on site via a fully PPC-permitted hazardous waste management centre.