April - End of September: 8am - 8pm
October - End of March: 8am - 5pm (Halton sites 8am - 6pm)
Centres are open every day except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day.
When visiting the Household Waste Recycling Centres please remember:
- To plan your visit and avoid peak times (weekends and bank holidays are our busiest periods and you should expect delays)
- Consider which materials can be recycled and re-used
- Segregate your recyclables before your visit
- Wear appropriate clothing, footwear (no flip flops or sandals) and gloves
- There is a height barrier of 1.75m at the entrance and exit to every site, please ask attendants if you require assistance
To see a list of the materials available to recycle, click here (العربية, বাঙ্গালী, 中国的, Français, Polski, Somali)
Van Permit Scheme
If you are planning on using a van, pick-up truck or large trailer to access the Household Waste Recycling Centre you will need to apply for a permit.
For more information or to apply for a permit, contact: email@example.com or 0151 236 0305
Vehicles above 3.5t gross vehicle weight, and vehicles with trailers which are longer than 3 metres are not allowed to access a HWRC.
To view monthly recycling rates of our HWRCs click here.