This is a guide to how this service works and what you can and can't put in your bin.
- Wheeled bins must be placed at the kerbside by 7am on the morning of collection (unless you have an assisted collection**). If your bin is not at the kerbside when the refuse collection vehicle arrives your bin cannot be emptied.
- After the bin has been emptied the householder is responsible for returning the bin to their own property as soon as possible, no later than 9am on the day after collection.
Your black wheeled bin is for general household waste. Please do not put any of the following items in your black bin.
- hot ashes
Telephone: 0114 273 4567 or, contact us via email, to find out about alternative disposal methods for these items.What we expect from you...
- Please do not use the bin for fires. The plastic will melt and the bin will be damaged
- If bins are damaged through misuse the householder may be charged for a replacement bin
- Householders are responsible for the security of their wheeled bin
- If the bin is too heavy it may not be emptied. The householder will then be contacted and asked to lighten the content of the bin. Read our tips on reducing your waste and recycling
- The bin is large enough for the needs of most households. If you have a problem relating to the size of your bin, contact us and we will be happy to discuss your individual needs
- The wheeled bin is the property of Veolia Environmental Services and must not be removed or vandalised. However, householders can number their wheeled bin if they so wish. If you move house the wheeled bin must remain with the property. If you find your black bin is too big, please contact us on: 0114 273 4567 or via email to request a smaller bin
* If you live in a flat/apartment your waste collection arrangements may be different - contact your landlord for more information
**In special circumstances, when there are no able bodied people in your household, an assisted collection can be made. If you are eligible for an assisted collection, refuse collectors will wheel your bin out for collection and return it after it has been emptied. This arrangement can be discussed by calling the helpline number on: 0114 273 4567.